You may check the balance on your Visa or MasterCard, issued by Gift Card Granny, at any time here.
The balance that is shown on our Balance Check page is the available balance that can be spent on your card. Please keep in mind that the available balance may be incorrect if there are pending charges, unsettled refunds, or pre-authorization charges pending on your card.
If you are expecting a refund back to your card, please allow up to 10 business days for your balance to adjust. Pending transactions and pre-authorization charges should settle within 5 business days, depending on the merchant.
If you are unable to check your card's balance over the phone or online, here are some helpful tips:
- Check to be sure your card is issued by Gift Card Granny. We are only able to check the balance on a gift card issued directly from our site.
- Make sure your plastic card has been activated! We require all plastic Visa and Mastercard gift cards to be activated prior to use. Virtual cards must be claimed via email.
- Double-check that you have entered your card information correctly. You will need to enter your 16-digit card number and 3-digit CVV code.
If your balance is incorrect, we ask that you review your transaction history. You may see one of the following:
- A pre-authorization charge was added to your total after using your card at a restaurant, hotel, or gas station. This additional charge is typically 20% of the original bill. The correct amount should be adjusted within a few days.
- A declined or canceled transaction is still pending - If a merchant was unable to process your payment, the funds may be temporarily held until the transaction has been settled as declined. In some cases, the merchant may have been able to capture the funds but will soon reverse this charge. We ask that you wait a few days for your balance to adjust and contact the merchant where the transaction was attempted.
- A refund has not yet been returned to your card. Please allow up to 10 business days for your balance to adjust after a refund has been processed. If the refund was unsuccessful, you may need to contact the merchant to ensure it was processed on their end.
- Unauthorized charges - If you are seeing charges made on your card that are unauthorized, you may dispute these charges directly through the merchant where the purchase was made. Unfortunately, our customer support team does not have the ability to dispute or refund these charges. Our support team can, however, suspend and/or replace your card if necessary (minimal fees may apply).
Article is closed for comments.