You can check the balance of your Visa or Mastercard gift card online or over the phone. Click here anytime to check your card balance immediately, or continue reading for further instructions.
To check your card balance you will need:
- The 16-digit card number printed on the front of your Visa or Mastercard gift card
- The 3-digit security code (CVV code) printed on the back of your card
- Your card must be activated before you can retrieve your balance. Click here for instructions to activate your card if you have not already done so.
Once you have your card information, follow these simple steps:
- Call the toll-free number 855-660-6847
- Press Option #2 from the menu
- Enter in your 16-digit card number when prompted
- Enter in your 3-digit security code (CVV) when prompted
About your card balance
- Once you have completed steps 1-4 above, you will hear a message with your available card balance.
- Your purchase history cannot be provided over the phone. To see a list of your purchases, visit https://www.giftcardgranny.com/check-balance and enter in your card information (the Transaction History will be at the bottom of the page).
Problem with your card balance?
Please follow these steps if you are having problems retrieving your card balance, or if you believe your balance is incorrect:
- Check the back of your card to be sure it's from Gift Card Granny. You should see the Gift Card Granny logo in the bottom right-hand corner. If you do not see that logo, please look for a website address or phone number and contact the appropriate company.
- Check to make sure your card is activated. Visit this page and enter your card information to make sure it's been activated.
- If your card cannot be found when entering in the card information, please be sure to re-enter the card number & CVV code. Entering in the card information too slow or fast may cause the system to not be able to read your card information.
- If you are showing a $0 balance, please check the "Valid Thru" date on the front of your card to make sure your card has not expired.
- If you believe your balance is incorrect and lower than expected, typically this is due to what's called a "Pre-authorization" which means a merchant you swiped the card at, may have authorized the card for a large dollar transaction that what the actual purchase amount was. The differing amount will revert back to your card typically within 7 days of when the merchant authorized your card.
- Please contact us by submitting your information including the card number in the fields provided at https://www.giftcardgranny.com/contact-us/.